Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A piece of art “Unidos en la Gloria y en la Muerte” // United in glory and in death



Hi Everybody
Today I write about a piece of art that I like called Unidos en la Gloria y en la Muerte by Rebeca Matte.
Rebecca Matte is the first Chilean sculptor. Born (1875) in Santiago, Chile and died (1929) in Torrosa, Italy. Rebecca sculptor began his study in Rome, Italy, after he moves to Paris.
In the years 1900 and 1901 Rebecca received its first medals and awards in Europe and Chile.
In 1908 resumed his work in sculpture and begins to work, producing a series of works in marble and copper.
Among his most important works are found, Horacio 1910 which is a work made of marble, the monument to the heroes of Concepcion in 1920 and 1912 Icaro and Dedalo is a work in bronze.
About the piece of art Unidos en la Gloria y en la Muerte.
Originally the work of art is called Icaro and Dedalo, but at its base is written "Unidos en la Gloria y en la Muerte" this work was created in 1912 and its inauguration was in 1930, is a sculpture made of bronze, its measures are 200 x 180 x 220 cm and is located in the front of the national Museum of Fine Arts in Santiago, Chile.
I saw this piece of art when I was a child (I don’t remember the age) when I went to the doctor located in the Santa Maria Street, crossing the Mapocho River I walked for the front of the national museums of fine arts.
So I like, because I think that is a Beautiful piece of art, I see a angel that had a broken wing and the other angel that hold up the hand of the other angel. This scene for my express many feelings of friendship.

1 comment: