Monday, June 21, 2010

The Scream



The scream was created in the year 1983 by the artist Edvard Munch
The type is oil
, tempera and pastel on cardboard.
The dimensions are 91 cm × 73.5 cm (36 in × 28.9 in)
Finally the location: Location National Gallery, Oslo


History:
The Scream is the title of expressionist paintings
and prints in a series by Norwegian artists Edvard Munch showing an agonized figure against a blood red sky. The landscape in the background is Oslofjord viewed from the hill of Ekeberg in Oslo Norway

I like because the scream is a great paint, I see this work art and it's amazing the colors the form of Munch painted the landscape, the sky and the river.
The man who is screaming in the bridge catch my imagination, because this man is scream ¿why? I don't know really, but one cause I think is the fear hahahahahhaa! Also the two mans walk in the background are special, because they are the everyday, this bridge a normally place, the man screaming is the different, therefore this man is the masterpiece in the paint.

I saw the scream for the first time in the TV program "the simpsons" but I don't know the name of the paint....So in a work for school I search the expressionist paintings
in this work the scream is one of the paintings representative of this movement. The Expressionism was a cultural movement, initially in poetry and painting, originating in Germany at the start of the 20th century

The scream is make special, because is one of the most recognized paints in the world. And the movement who belong the scream is the best paint in the world, so the screaming becomes a symbol and referent of the expressionist Paintings.

The image is only and you in anyplace can recognize the scream, because this picture is not lost.

5 comments:

  1. jaja homero is very funny. This work art is good for me because I love scream

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like soo much this painting, is one of my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. jjajaja you are a good boy . A big huge my dear friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is a good picture, Cristóbal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog Cristobal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete